• Texas State Bar
• California State Bar
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
• University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Philosophy (with honors), 2003
• University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, J.D. (Intellectual Property Concentration)
Previous Board Positions
• Officer – Austin Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Law Section
• Council Member – Texas State Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Law Section
• Board Member – Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts
• Member – Austin Music People
• Member – California Lawyers for the Arts
• Contributor – Austin Music Census
Email: [email protected]
Brooks Rice’s practice focuses on entertainment law, business and intellectual property matters. Having grown up in Austin, TX as a musician in the city’s music scene, Brooks has a strong bond with the creative class and counsels startups, small businesses, graphic artists, musicians, filmmakers, and creators of all kinds regardless of profession. Brooks also works closely with larger corporations to ensure best practices for website management, trademark protections, and compliance with current copyright and privacy laws.
Brooks remains involved within the Austin arts community, regularly volunteering to conduct seminars and discussions through organizations like Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts, South by Southwest, Austin Film Society, Austin Music Foundation, and the Kerrville Folk Festival. He continues to volunteer and offer pro bono legal services on behalf of Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts, where he has been on their board of directors since 2014.
Brooks strives to provide clients with a friendly, relatable, and trustworthy style that always considers the best way to meet the needs of his clients, keeping their creative and budgetary goals at the forefront of any decision.